Tasks for players:Destroy enemy frontline defenses consisting of infantry, tank, and artillery positions.Destroy enemy combat ships.Destroy enemy front and rear depots.Destroy enemy railway stations and their surrounding industrial and supply targets.Use tanks to capture control points (marked "CP" on the map) between friendly and enemy front troops to give bonus to frontline advance.Destroy enemy bridges.Drop paratroopers between your frontline and artillery to strengthen your frontline and supply tank spawns. The Ju-52 paratrooper planes are available at the rear fields. The dropzone is marked on the map and will be marked with smoke on the ground (blue for axis / red for allied).Protect own targets.Fly supply missions from supply airstart to airfields to replenish available planes, and to open temporary airfields.Chat Commands:
- The frontline moves according to how many enemy targets are destroyed, how many friendly targets are intact at mission rotation, and how many successful paratrooper drops were made.
- Mission rotates every five hours, or when the front & artillery and front ships & convoy of one side's both sectors are at 25% or lower.
- For example: Soviet side has 100% of front & artillery destroyed on sector #1, but sector #2 is intact (no damage at all), therefore no rotation. When sector #2 front & artillery get destroyed more than 75% (sectors #1 and #2 now more than 75% destroyed) -> rotation.
- In short: destroy enemy targets and protect friendly targets!
- Lost player planes and tanks affect the frontline move too. So bring your planes and tanks home! See the rotating planesets and object lists below for the value of the planes and tanks.
- <tl - tells the remaining current mission time
- <s - display information about sector health
- <p - shows the plane and tank availability and eligible temporary airfields on all sectors
- <gd - Gunner DISABLE punishment for hitting your own plane. Use this when starting a sortie so that any accidental hits the gunner does during that sortie are forgiven in advance.
- <ge - Gunner ENABLE punishment for hitting your own plane.
has autoconnect in use. For manual connection, use address: ts3.virtualpilots.fi:6002
Frontline movement calculation target object values (approx.):
|Machine gun (AA)
|Cargo and tanker ships
||500 and 1000
Generally, fighters are worth 400 points, ground attack planes and bombers 300 points. Some slower planes like Po-2 and Ju-87 are worth a bit less.
Server settings currently:
- This is a total war server, so basically no rules, so any dirty trick you can imagine, if it helps to defeat the enemy, it's ok :)
- No teamkilling, this includes ground targets. There's an automatic system in place to detect this, and players will be punished if they TK. If you are a victim of a false positive, give us an email.
- Don't be a dick. No insulting other players. No chutekilling. No strafing an already downed plane. However, chutekilling/strafing a downed plane is allowed if the target does not finish the mission in short order (i.e. stays in the fight looking around and reporting the fight to his team). No ramming/kamikaze on tanks with planes.
- Don't use the voteban system. If you have something to report about a player behaviour, do it directly to us, via Il-2 forums using PM, on Discord (PM), or using the mail address: email@example.com.
- Only one client connected to the server per player.
- full real
- no icons
- no payload restrictions (mostly, some RPS limitations)
- AAA AI varies from Low to Medium, except on airfields where AAA AI is High, airfields AAA is also invulnerable.
Report bugs etc. to firstname.lastname@example.org
- AMD Ryzen 5600X
- 16 GB 3200 MHz DDR4
- 1000/1000 MBit/s network